- Guests are ushered to pews or chairs.
- Prelude music begins 30-minutes before the start of the ceremony.
- Grandparents and then grooms parents and then the mother-of-the-bride and then ushered down the aisle just before the main part of the processional beings.
- After a pause – the music for the processional begins.
- The officiant enters the sanctuary.
- Attendants take their turns in the processional; bridesmaids and groomsmen first honor attendants last so they are close to the bride and bridegroom and officiant. Flower girls and ring bearer walk down right before the bride.
- The music then changes to the bridal processional and the bride walks down the aisle accompanied by her father or between her father and mother.
- Wedding vows are exchanged according to the customs of the couple and the officiant.
- Rings are exchanged.
- Special wedding prayers readings, music or songs are part of the ceremony.Accompanied by the recessional music the married couple comes back down the aisle followed by attendants and family members.
- A receiving line is held as guests leave the church or ceremony site.