Selecting a Best Man
- The best man is usually a brother, relative or best friend of the groom. In inviting an individual to serve as best man, make sure they are aware of the expenses involved.
In Advance of the Wedding
- Assists groom with details during the wedding day.
At The Wedding
- Transports the groom to the church.
- Supervises the groomsmen regarding their dress and duties at the ceremony.
- Takes care of the brides ring during the ceremony.
- Presents clergyman with fee.
- Witnesses and signs wedding certificate.
At the Reception
- Offers first toast to the bride and groom.
- Holds for safekeeping: keys, tickets, etc. for the groom.
- Returns grooms tux to the rental shop.
- Pays for his own wedding attire